Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How many years guarantee do ModernNomad products have?
Our products have 5 year guarantee.
2. How to look after our products?
Let the items dry and clean them after use. The hammock and the insulation are machine-washable on delicate cycle. Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
3. What is the weight of the products?
Hammock: 460 -480 g (together with the straps)
Tarp/ rainfly: 240 g
Mosquito net: 180 g
Insulation (underquilt) weighs 700 – 1000 g. Depending on the outside temperature.
4. How long does it take to install a hammock? How long does it take to install the complete set(hammock, tarp, mosquito net, underquilt)?
On average a hammock can be set up in 1 minute or less. Installation of the complete set will not take longer than 7 to 10 minutes.
5. Can two people sleep in the same hammock together?
Yes, but it will be more comfortable to sleep in a hammock on your own.
6. How far apart should the hammock anchor points be, at what height should the hammock be hung?
A hammock can be hung between trees that are 3 to 7 metres apart. The further apart the trees are, the higher the suspension straps should be placed. Ideally, a hammock should be at a chair’s height - so that you can sit down on it easily. This makes it safer too.
7. What to take into account while using ModernNomad hammock and other products?
1. Choose only live and sturdy trees (both of them) to hand your hammock. Always make sure that the anchor points are strong enough to hold your weight.
2. Do not hang a hammock near a cliff edge or right over it. Do not hang it higher than 1 metre from the ground, always make sure there are no objects underneath that can accidentally hurt you.
3. Do not light a fire near the hammock, expose it to open flame or smoke while laying in it.
4. Always check the state of your equipment - if it is dirty, clean it, if it is damaged, replace it or have it fixed.